Friday, February 8, 2013

GENDER REVEAL PARTY...

BOY OR GIRL??
We have been really anxious to know what gender our sweet baby is.  We LOVE these little boys of ours--we would LOVE another boy or LOVE a little girl.
 
So, as soon as I turned 16 weeks we headed in for an early gender scan.  Spencer and I went to West Jordan Hospital and awaited anxiously.  At the beginning of my pregnancy I thought GIRL because of how much sicker I have been than with my boys...but you know what they say, each pregnancy is so different.  The day of the ultrasound I started thinking more towards BOY.
 
The night before our appointment Cody helped me decorate the house and get all ready for our party...IT WAS SO CUTE!!  From BLUE & PINK streamers, mints, banners, balloons, punch, paperwear, etc the anxiousness grew and it started to seem more real that a baby was coming!

 
Well, after about 5 minutes (which actually felt like forever)...the ultrasound tech got a shot.  I remember saying out loud, "it's a boy huh?"  she said...hmmmm not so sure about that.  My heart was racing to just know.  Another good look and the tech said, "There SHE is, a little girl!"  Spencer immediately shouted, "YES! Oh my heck!"  His face I will never forget...he had the BIGGEST smile and slowly tears starting to fall down his face.  It was one of the most tender moments I had ever experienced.  He will be a great dad to this little girl--he already has her wrapped around his finger!  I was absolutely in shock and SO EXCITED all at the same time.  A little GIRL will be so fun!! 
 
After the appointment I did something I had never done before...went shopping for my own little lady!!  ...And the next several days after that, let's just say I spent a wad in a half!
We got home and I hurried and whipped up two cakes both with PINK food coloring.  I then frosted one cake blue and one cake pink...that way Cody and Kaden each could cut into one, and by the color of food coloring is what determined BOY or GIRL!!
 
Before cutting into the cakes began we had everyone write down if they thought boy or girl with a due date and a weight...Almost everyone wrote down GIRL :)
 
AND HERE'S HOW IT WENT...
 
IT'S PINK!!
And Spencer got crying again...ha!  The boys are so excited and you can just imagine how I feel!  Life is soooo good!!  We are truly blessed!  This little girl will be one LOVED little lady, and will have the two best older brothers to watch after her and protect her!


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment